Friday, September 23, 2011

Silly, Goofy, Friendly Me

Silly, Goofy, Friendly Me

9-23-11

Rebecca Barnes



                This is a picture of my cousin Sharita, my sister Megan and myself.  I chose this picture because it shows how I love to be crazy, have fun, and be around friends and family. It also demonstrates how I am not afraid to be myself and goof off once in a while. I love to hang out with my family and friends, doing fun family activities and traditions.   I feel it’s important to be with family and friends because it will bring us closer. Friends can be uplifting and understanding and are important too. Happy people can make the best friends.

 My friends and I like to find ways to entertain ourselves. Most of the time, we do that by putting on funny faces or costumes and snapping hilarious pictures. We like taking all kinds of random pictures.  Sometimes we will grab our cameras, hang out, and pose for photos and capture other things on film. We try to make our snapshots interesting by being silly. In the photo above, Sharita and I decided to not to smile, but to make a weird face instead.  If you were to look at my mother’s camera you would probably think we are full of ourselves, because my friends and I are the subjects of almost all of the pictures.

I love chilling with my sisters and brother. When I am around them I can be myself, laugh all I want and have a blast. Lots of people find their siblings very annoying, and at times I find mine annoying also, but the reason they act like that is because they love me and want to be like me. We like to get together as a family and go camping, fishing, and play games. When we are doing these things it brings us closer as a family.

I think that if you can be friends with anyone in the world, you should choose your family. My family will always be there for me, whereas friends come and go. It’s better to have a strong relationship with my family now, then be on my own and not ever talking to them. I know that my parents and siblings can seem like a pain sometimes, but they just want what is best for me. I think that it’s not only important for me to be friends with my family, but to also have friends outside of my family. I need friends in my life almost as much as I need my family. Friends sometimes understand how I am feeling better than my siblings might.

 I surround myself with good friends that lift me up and make me happy. If my friends drag me down and make me sad, then I need to think about finding new friends. I always remember though, that friendship goes both ways. I have to be a good friend and include others in my group of friends. I try not to exclude someone just because they are different, or I have never met them before. For all I know, that someone may be in need of a friend. Friends and family are a big part of my life, and I don’t know what I would do or be without them.

Friends and family can lift me up and be entertaining. Being together will strengthen my relationship, especially with my family. Although family can be difficult they are always there. It takes work to build a good friendship, but I know that if I give it time and remain a good friend, we will have a strong bond forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment