Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Still I Rise

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
-Maya Angelou
 
 
This poem... It is inspiring. No matter what happens in our lives we cannot let others control them by what they say or do to us. We cannot let anyone or anything get in the way of our dreams. They are are dreams, it is our own life, it is ours to live. Even if someone is trying to protect us from choices we might make we need to find out for ourselves with the consequences whether it was good or bad. That is how we learn. That is how we grow. Even if people try to cut you down and tell you, you can't, that is when you stand and say "Wanna bet? Because I can. Watch me." That is the power of "I". There is only sometimes "We", but there is always "I". It's your life. It's your choice. Don't let other people's opinions of you change your opinion of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment