Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Change

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.” ― Maya Angelou

               
This is very important. People always blame other people when they aren’t happy, when really they have the power to change and be happy. You just have to find out how to change it, and if you can’t change the problem, then change the way you see it, and don’t let it control how you feel. I have to do that a lot when I get mad and frustrated, or sad and depressed. I try to figure out what is causing my sadness and try to change it. If that doesn’t work then I say to myself “I need to change the way I am looking at this situation and change my attitude.” It’s no good to go through life hating everything around you because of a situation that you can change, it’s not fair to everyone else, and it is a waste of your time. There was a time where I was sad and depressed all the time, and it really worried my friends, and they would always ask me if I was okay. All I did was shut them out. I was mad at everyone and everything around me. I didn’t want to have anything to do with the people around me. It was terrible. One day one of my friends came up to me and instead of asking if I was okay he said “I know you’re not okay, and I know you don’t care what I have to say, but I want you to be happy, it worries me seeing you like this. Be Happy! Smile!” Then he gave me a hug and told me that he was going to give me a letter every day until I was happy again. And after about a week of him giving me letters telling me to be happy and that everything will be okay, I finally started to be happy again. All it took was one friend to tell me that he was worried about me and wants me to be happy. Now whenever one of my friends is feeling down, I do the same. Don’t tell someone that you know what they are going through because the chances are, you don’t. Just let them know you are there for them, and try to help them see the way they are looking at something. Help them think positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment